This course outlines important aspects of a successful spa/medi-spa business. It includes an introduction to small business accounting, proper business management, organizational structures, techniques for revenue generation, sales generating techniques, marketing and promotions, and hiring and staffing. Students learn how to prepare a professional business plan which can be used to seek funding for a future business endeavour.
• Small Business Management Specific to the Spa Industry
• Building a Business Plan
• Rules, Regulations, and Proper Insurance Coverage
• Sales and Revenue Generating Techniques
• Marketing and Advertising Strategies including Promotions and Pricing
• Basic Accounting: Spreadsheets, Generating Reports, Accounting Software Options
• Performance Measurements for Employers and Employees
• Resume Building and Cover Letters
• Interview Techniques (“Mock Interviews”)
• Equipment Financing and Business Loans
• How to Register a Business Online: Business Names and HST Requirements
• Laser Purchasing and Business Consulting
• Partnerships with Exclusive Vendors
I came to the International Beauty Institute 3 years ago. I needed to do something different in my life beside shift work. I was very nervous about coming back to school, since I been out for a long time. When I came for a tour, I was very happy with what I saw, the class sizes were small, and that made me feel more comfortable. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, I felt like I was part of an IBI family. I ended up getting a full time job, where I’m very happy. I have no regrets, with the choices I have made, by picking IBI. It was the best experience in my life, thank you everyone at IBI!! If you are thinking about becoming a Medical Aesthetician, don’t hesitate to visit IBI!