This course outlines important aspects of a successful spa/medi-spa business. It includes an introduction to small business accounting, proper business management, organizational structures, techniques for revenue generation, sales generating techniques, marketing and promotions, and hiring and staffing. Students learn how to prepare a professional business plan which can be used to seek funding for a future business endeavour.
• Small Business Management Specific to the Spa Industry
• Building a Business Plan
• Rules, Regulations, and Proper Insurance Coverage
• Sales and Revenue Generating Techniques
• Marketing and Advertising Strategies including Promotions and Pricing
• Basic Accounting: Spreadsheets, Generating Reports, Accounting Software Options
• Performance Measurements for Employers and Employees
• Resume Building and Cover Letters
• Interview Techniques (“Mock Interviews”)
• Equipment Financing and Business Loans
• How to Register a Business Online: Business Names and HST Requirements
• Laser Purchasing and Business Consulting
• Partnerships with Exclusive Vendors
I went to the International Beauty Institute and graduated last year from the Medical Aesthetics Diploma. I went to quite a few schools and attended interviews and information sessions, IBI being one of them…and I can safely say, I picked the right school!!! The staff are extremely polite, and helpful. It’s a fun-loving environment with the education you want! I had some of the best teachers, very knowledgeable and willing to go out of their way to help you out. I successfully opened a Med Spa since attending this school, and they helped guide me through the process! Thank you guys for everything you’ve done, couldn’t thank you all enough! Definitely the best choice I made!!