Advanced Medi-Spa Therapist Courses & Diploma in Hamilton
IBI is proud to deliver a well-rounded professional Diploma program in the field of Advanced Aesthetics taught at our Hamilton campus . This comprehensive program is designed for individuals who wish to begin a career in a spa, medical spa, plastic surgery clinic, dermatologist’s office or home-based business.
The program objective is to provide individuals with the knowledge of advanced aesthetic treatments found in a medical spa.
Students will learn advanced therapies such as:
- Chemical peels
- Laser hair removal
- Acne treatments
- Laser tattoo removal (demo only)
- Skin tightening/body contouring
- Other medical aesthetic therapies and modalities*
*used in the medical spa environment
Students will have proficient knowledge of various medical-grade skin care lines and product ingredients upon completion.
Students will also gain in-depth practical application of client consultations, sanitization, and sterilization practices according to the Ministry of Health as well as professionalism in the workplace.
Prerequisites for Advanced Medical Spa Therapist Diploma
- Personal interview to determine goals and suitability
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status
- Advanced Academic Standing
Advanced Medi-Spa Therapist Program Modules
Learn how to identify and treat various skin concerns with an emphasis on cosmeceutical and medical-grade product lines. Using Dermo28’s skincare line, you will learn the skills to treat all skin types with traditional and advanced facial treatments. A strong emphasis is placed on practical training.
- Proper client selection
- Consultations for medi-facials
- Classic facial
- Advanced facial
- Facial with high frequency
- Extraction and implements
- Skin analysis
- Client charting and consultations
- Ingredients and product knowledge
- Natural and organic skin care
- Advanced skin care modalities
- Adult acne treatments
- Advanced exfoliation techniques
- Wound healing and advanced skin care theory
- Medical-spa terminology
Advanced Medical Spa Therapist Program Length
|Skin Care||120 hrs|
|Chemical Peels & Microdermabrasion||120 hrs||Total||360 hrs (12 weeks)|
Full Time and Part Time schedules are available
Advanced Medical Spa Therapist Diploma Requirements
To achieve an Advanced Medi-Spa Therapist diploma from the International Beauty Institute, a student must obtain a minimum overall average of 70%, with no grade less than 60% in any theoretical or practical examination.
Advanced Medical Spa Therapist Program Cost in Hamilton
Career Opportunities in Hamilton with an Advanced Medical Spa Therapist Diploma
- Dermatology clinics
- Skin care facilities
- Aesthetic laser clinics
- Medical spas
- Plastic surgeons’ offices
- Physicians’ offices
- Day spas
- Wellness centers
- Destination spas
- Skin care line representative
- Equipment representative
Potential Salary for Graduates in Hamilton
Spa: Starting salary of $45,000-70,000
Entrepreneur: Salary options are endless depending on services offered
Why International Beauty Institute?
Our advanced curriculum will help you prepare for any career in the ever-evolving aesthetic industry, adhering to the highest global standards. Always on the pulse of change and innovation, our staff is committed to giving you a well-rounded education to guide you to your dream job!
- Learn with the most modern technologies available.
- Use the most advanced skin care and make-up products on the market.
- Develop the most skilled techniques through in-depth programs that provide “real-life” training.
- Perfect your craft alongside experienced instructors in small class sizes.
Currently service Mississauga, Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Niagara, and surrounding areas.
International Beauty Institute Instructors are spa owners, employees, and entrepreneurs with hands-on industry experience.