Make-Up Artist Diploma
Available at both our Mississauga and Hamilton campus
We are proud to deliver an innovative and comprehensive professional Make-Up Artist Diploma Program. The program objective is to provide students with cutting edge theoretical and thorough practical training for a future in the evolving world of cosmetics. Students will be well trained in cosmetic chemistry and product knowledge with special focus on the MAKE UP FOR EVER professional brand. Various field trips will be taken to explore trending cosmetic lines.
Upon completion, graduates will be successful in designing make-up looks for beauty, bridal, fashion, film and television, creative, theatre character design, historical make-up design, and out-of-kit special effects.
Graduates will be eligible for a MAC Pro card as well as an internship working at Sephora as a representative for the MAKE UP FOR EVER line.
Each student will work toward a complete portfolio, practice client services, and compose an up-to-date resume to launch them into their chosen career path. Mock interviews will be conducted. Three photos shoots are included.
- Introduction to Cosmetics
- Make-Up Styles & Techniques
- Make-Up for the Camera & Runway
- Period Styles & Theatre Make-Up
- Building Your Portfolio
- Getting Started & Marketing
- Personal interview to determine suitability for the program
- Grade 12 graduate, or Mature Student Status (18 years +) with passing score on entrance test (Wonderlic Personnel Test)
In order to graduate and receive a diploma, a student must obtain an overall average of 70% with no grade less than 60% in any theory or practical examination.
In addition, students must:
- Achieve a satisfactory rating in each of the required abilities in the practical application
- Successfully complete the hours of practical application