Medical Aesthetics Courses & Diploma in Toronto
International Beauty Institute is proud to deliver a well-rounded professional Diploma program in Medical Aesthetics at its Toronto campus. The program’s objective is to provide individuals with knowledge of both traditional and advanced aesthetic treatments.
Once complete, students will have proficient knowledge of various professional and medical-grade product lines and ingredients.
Our Medical Aesthetics course will equip students with the knowledge for providing traditional aesthetic services such as facials, body treatments, make-up applications, nail treatments, and waxing.
Students will also learn advanced therapies used in the medical spa environment such as:
- Chemical peels
- Laser hair removal
- Acne treatments
- Laser tattoo removal (demo only)
- Skin tightening/body contouring
- Other medical aesthetic therapies and modalities
In-depth practical applications including client consultations, sanitization and sterilization practices according to the Ministry of Health, and professionalism in the workplace, are emphasized throughout the program.
Students will be well prepared for a career in the aesthetics and medical aesthetics industries. This comprehensive program is designed for those who wish to begin a career in a spa, medical spa, doctor’s office, or home-based business.
What Is Medical Aesthetics?
Typically a medical director presides over the medical spa or medical clinic in which these advanced skin care treatments are performed.
Acne, wrinkles, skin tags, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage are just some of the skin concerns that can be treated with medical aesthetic modalities.
Medical aestheticians provide their clients with effective solutions without requiring any surgery.
Prerequisites for the Medical Aesthetics Diploma
- Personal interview to determine goals and suitability
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status
- Advanced Academic Standing
Medical Aesthetics Program Modules
- Proper client selection
- Consultations for medi-facials
- Classic facial
- Advanced facial
- Facial with high frequency
- Extraction and implements
- Skin analysis
- Client charting and consultations
- Ingredients and product knowledge
- Natural and organic skin care
- Advanced skin care modalities
- Adult acne treatments
- Advanced exfoliation techniques
- Wound healing and advanced skin care theory
- Medical-spa terminology
- Learn to perform traditional spa massage techniques on the face and body
- Body systems
- Types of massage movements; effleurage, petrissage, friction, percussion, vibration
- Indications and contraindications
- Intro to reflexology
- Intro to lymphatic drainage
- Homecare and follow-up treatments
- Pre and post-treatment
- Practice on clients
Medical Aesthetics Program Length
|Skin Care||120 hrs|
|Product Performance & Skin Care Formulations||120 hrs|
|Body Contouring||30 hrs|
|Chemical Peels & Microdermabrasion||120 hrs|
|Body Treatments||120 hrs|
|Manicure & Pedicure||90 hrs|
|Waxing Hair Removal||30 hrs|
|Intro to Botox & Dermal Fillers||30 hrs|
|Interpersonal Skills||15 hrs|
|Consultative Sales||25 hrs|
|Medical Spa Operations||120 hrs||Total||1000 hrs (33 weeks)|
Full-time: Monday – Friday
Medical Aesthetics Diploma Requirements
To achieve a Medical Aesthetics diploma from the International Beauty Institute, a student must obtain a minimum overall average of 70%, with no grade less than 60% in any theoretical or practical examination.
Medical Aesthetics Program Cost in Toronto
Career Opportunities in Toronto with a Medical Aesthetics Diploma
- Dermatology clinics
- Skin care facilities
- Aesthetic laser clinics
- Medical spas
- Plastic surgeons’ offices
- Physicians’ offices
- Day spas
- Wellness centers
- Destination spas
- Skin care line representative
- Equipment representative
Potential Salary for Graduates in Toronto
Spa: Starting salary of $45,000-70,000
Entrepreneur: Salary options are endless depending on services offered
Why International Beauty Institute?
Our advanced curriculum will help you prepare for any career in the ever-evolving aesthetic industry, adhering to the highest global standards. Always on the pulse of change and innovation, our staff is committed to giving you a well-rounded education to guide you to your dream job!
- Learn with the most modern technologies available.
- Use the most advanced skin care and make-up products on the market.
- Develop the most skilled techniques through in-depth programs that provide “real-life” training.
- Perfect your craft alongside experienced instructors in small class sizes.
Currently service Mississauga, Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Niagara, and surrounding areas.
International Beauty Institute Instructors are spa owners, employees, and entrepreneurs with hands-on industry experience.