Spa Therapist / Esthetician Job Description
Employment Type: Full Time/Part Time
Reports to: Spa Manager
Job Description and Summary:
At Havens MediSpa, our Spa Estheticians are responsible for providing services related to the skin appearance such as facial and body skin care to our clients. Other treatments done by our Spa Estheticians are facial massages, body treatments, body scrubs, body massages, pedicures/manicures, waxing procedures and various advanced esthetic services. You may be required to check in clients as they arrive and to also schedule new appointments. Our Spa Estheticians may also be required to answer the telephone and must have the knowledge to answer any questions clients or potential clients might have. Our Spa Estheticians must have product knowledge and be able to assist clients in advising which type(s) of product to purchase and/or treatment regimen. They will also be in charge of general maintenance and cleaning of the Spa rooms and all staff only areas. Our Spa Estheticians consult with clients to assess their requirements, make informed recommendations and explain services, assist them to select appropriate treatments, and ensure their care and satisfaction. Our Esthetician ensure treatments start and end on time. As an esthetician with Havens MediSpa, you will maintain knowledge to promote and sell services and retail products. You will ensure work areas are clean and tidy, equipment is sanitized and linens are clean at all times, and treat clients in a courteous, professional and empathetic manner. At Havens MediSpa, our Spa Estheticians maintain zero conflict on interest.
At Havens, we go over and beyond to deliver a great customer experience while maintaining a professional, courteous, enjoyable and positive work culture and environment.
To ensure success you will be required meet revenue and stated business and performance goals. You must ensure client retention and build a solid client base. Ideal candidates will be empathetic, caring and professional, and have the ability to make others feel good about themselves.
Key Responsibilities (in no particular order and not limited to):
- Clients, Services & Products
- Perform all Spa services reflective of Havens protocols.
- Provide facial and other skin treatments using Havens products and techniques.
- Provide pedicures and manicures.
- Remove all body and facial hair.
- Tint eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Perform relaxation massages including hot stone massages as well as body treatments and body scrubs
- Offer incentives and additional coupons (as made available by Havens) for return customers in order to make them loyal customers to the spa.
- Assess each client’s skin condition, appearance and other characteristics then advise clients about skin care in general and how to care for problem areas in particular.
- Advise clients and sell skin care products.
- Inform & advise clients about other complementing services and membership offerings
- Answering telephones when needed (It’s a great day at Havens MediSpa, this is (your name), and how may I help you? At the end of the call please close with (Thank you for calling Havens MediSpa.)
- Checking in and out clients and if necessary re-book appointments. (Always ask if they want to pre-book and mention next month special.)
- Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule. Never cutting client service time short.
- Greeting guests and suggesting the appropriate therapies and treatments.
- Performing consultations, both in person and over the phone
- Performing skin assessments to identify problems and the right course of action
- Welcoming clients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate suitability of treatments.
- Maintaining client reports and notes
- Educating clients on spa/salon therapies and services
- Advising clients on skin care, and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
- Engaging and conversing with clients during sessions on topics relating to their interests.
- Ceasing treatment and informing supervisor immediately in the event of inappropriate guest behavior.
- Ceasing treatment and informing supervisor immediately in the event of an unexpected contra-indication presented by guest during treatment
- Explain the different services based on what is best for the client, how it affects their specific type of skin and how certain services are packaged to save money.
- Must attend regular staff meetings and continuing education programs to keep your skills up-to-date with the newest in technology and methods.
- Greet customers with a friendly smile and a brief explanation about the procedure they have chosen, calming any fears they may have about the service.
- Provide consultations with customers who have problem areas on the skin in order to restore youthful beauty.
- Sell additional services and products in a simple, professional manner to aid customers to make an informed purchase decision (the sale)
- Up-sell product to clients. Inform them of the monthly special and ask if they would like to purchase monthly special.
- Actively pursuing daily sales goals, including retails sales
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products.
Teamwork & Other Expectations
- Setup and take-down of esthetics rooms after performing services.
- Collect laundry from housekeeping, fold and put away when time permits.
- Familiarize with all aspects of Spa software (as made available and accessible)
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the spa
- Perform support duties for other staff
- Caring for linens and replacing them between sessions.
- Adhering to all esthetics policies pertaining to chemical usage, and cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance of equipment.
- Train new hires on our services and products to ensure the quality of the spa is upheld by every employee.
Estheticians may also be required to use mechanical and electrical apparatuses and devices to perform procedures. Qualified Estheticians are trained and licensed to perform a full spectrum of face and body treatments, though certain equipment like lasers may require specialty training and licensure provided by Havens. Some of the devices may include:
- Microdermabrasion machines
- Facial steamers
- Galvanic current machines
- Rotary brushes
- Microcurrent machines
- Paraffin heaters
- LED Light therapy machines
- Vacuum/spray facial machines
- Electrotherapy machines
- IPL equipments
- Radio Frequency equipments
- Microneedling & Dermaplaning related tools & devices
- Other various esthetic technology device and tools
The Personality Traits and Qualities of a Great Esthetician at Havens MediSpa
In addition to possessing knowledge and expertise in salon or spa services, treatments, programs, and products, qualified estheticians also possess specific personality traits and qualities. Therefore, employers often look for skincare professionals who:
- Are well-spoken and articulate.
- Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and non-verbally.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Directors, Managers, Other Therapists, Employees, Members and the general public
- Are able to quickly and adeptly assess the needs and wants of their clients
- Have excellent time management skills
- Can solve problems and handle multi-tasking
- Can work well both alone and with a team
- Have a neat and polished appearance
- Have the physical stamina to stand on their feet for long periods of time throughout the day
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, and discretion
- Have a friendly, outgoing personality
Well-qualified estheticians are always:
*Note* All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
Havens MediSpa is an “at will and equal opportunity” employer.
Only qualified candidates will be considered. Applications without resume or assessment completion will be disqualified from consideration.
Vacation & paid time off
Reference ID: HMSESTHETICIAN
Havens MediSpa | havensmedispa.com